Layers

Posted over 7 years ago by Mary Cropp

Post a topic
M
Mary Cropp

For slides with multiple layers or multiple states, the RME interface should provide some way of indicating WHICH layer or state has been selected when the reviewer makes a comment. Otherwise, it's a pain for developers to try to discern from the comments. 

3 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
A

Ari Avivi posted about 1 year ago

Has any more development been given to feedback on layers.

0 Votes

A

Ari Avivi posted about 1 year ago

Has there been any movement on this file request?

0 Votes

R

Ray Handley posted about 7 years ago

It's great that you are working on a solution for the layers and the ability to edit comments. This would be a major selling point for RME. We use RME all the time and your ability to work with multiple tools and versions is a plus for sure. Thanks.

0 Votes

James Kingsley

James Kingsley posted about 7 years ago Admin

Hi Lora, 

I have been hesitant to respond here because I don't want to start an "us vs. them" thread. As I mentioned in the Articulate forums; competition is good and raises the bar for everyone. 

1) As I understand it they don't actually tell you the name of the layer... just show that screenshot? They were smart and built that screenshot option into Storyline itself. We could leverage that but then it wouldn't work for other tools. We pride ourselves on supporting more tools than anyone else. We are working on a solution. 

2) We are working on a solution for editing. For a long time our customers have not wanted Reviewer's to be able to edit comments. That opinion is changing and want to offer an option. 

As for RME's advantages... Your list is a good start. I will add to it:

• Comment Fields: You can assign comments, set statuses, set approval, etc.
  • Invite Options: Require log in or don't. Also you can create Public Invite Links. 
  • Share/Hide Comments: You decide if Reviewers can see each other comments. 
  • Branding: Logo, colors, subdomain, title.
  • Uploaders: Multiple uploaders on one account.
  • Jump to Slide: Most comments will have a button that lets you open the course directly to the slide (or the one before it) that the comment was made on. https://youtu.be/9u3BV8LJk3E
  • Developers: Add unlimited number of Developers to your course. They can update statuses, reply to comments, etc. 
  • Tool Support: Articulate SL1,2,360 and Presenter, Adobe Captivate and Presenter, Lectora, iSpring, GOMO, uPerform.
  • Sort and Filter: Both your home dashboard and the course details page have incredibly robust search and filter options to let you focus on what needs to be done. You can also add custom labels to courses to help filter/categorize them. https://youtu.be/GZiIzL4zFJ4
  • Security: We take this very seriously. We validate permission before delivering each file in your course. Not just at the course level. Every request for an html, swf, pdf, etc runs through our security model before we reach out to the content servers to fetch it. We also never reveal the true URL of the content.  I am not sure about 360 they may be just secure. 
  • Remote Hosting: Some customers can not host their content on our servers (due to their country's laws). Other just find it convenient to host it on their own. We let you host your course on your server and run it through our service. All the security mentioned above still applies. https://youtu.be/6wIhcxqKRYQ

I am sure there are more features that I am forgetting... 

0 Votes

L

Lora Matzner posted about 7 years ago

recently attended a 360 webinar conducted by Yukon that showed the new tool. I saw two advantages over RME:

1) It did track feedback by layer. They described it as taking a screen shot of the layer being shown when the comment is made. I was a bit incredulous, so I asked for a specific demo, and it worked. This is HUGE.

2) It allows people to delete comments. (not edit, but delete)

RME has other advantages, however, such as a more robust online tracking of comments, better e-mail integration, setting deadlines for closing a review, etc.

I'd be interested if someone from RME could comment on RME's advantages over the new Articulate 360. Thank you!

0 Votes

R

PS: Only works with Articulate 360 (so not previous versions like SL2 or SL1).

0 Votes

R

Articulate review does have a review option, yes. However it currently only shows slide title and whatever screen you are on when you first add a comment. So if you click a button and go to a layer, then add feedback, this is the screenshot shown. If you then click another button and go to a different layer on the same slide it does not update (it's just the first time a comment is made on each slide). So this does not work as we would like. Not sure if this is something Articulate needs to work on or RME but it is frustrating.

0 Votes

James Kingsley

James Kingsley posted over 7 years ago Admin

Perhaps you are using a beta version that they have not released to the public yet? In our testing their tool does not display even the slide number just the slide title. And there is no indication of layer or state titles. 

Maybe we missed it; could you please add a screen shot?

0 Votes

r

rmedec2016@gmail.com posted over 7 years ago

Articulate seems to have resolc=ved the issue with their new review tool that comes with 360.

0 Votes

James Kingsley

James Kingsley posted over 7 years ago Admin

We would love too. The problem lies with Articulate; they do not offer any way for us to detect the current slide layer. Our developers are looking into options but we are unsure we will be able to provide this feature anytime soon. 

Thank you for your feedback!

0 Votes

Login to post a comment